Am 25.04.2013 17:25, schrieb Pandu Poluan:
Just wondering if any of you guys experienced this lately:

System hangs when creating a brand-new ReiserFS on a new partition.

I've tried using the latest gentoo minimal CD, or the latest
SystemRescueCD, both exhibited the same.

I'm on an HP DL585 G7 box, by the way, so it's using an AMD CPU.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. My Google-fu all expose only old threads.

Are there any error/warnings in dmes or the logs?

Maybe the disk is toast? Can you create other file systems?