On 26-Apr-13 18:11, Tanstaafl wrote:
compile fails with lots of

"...error "No Module support in this kernel. Please configure with
CONFIG_MODULES"

Please tell me that I'm not going to have to enable modules just so I
can use the vmware tools??

Yes you are. If you want to use vm-tools ("open" or "vmware"),
you have to enable kernel modules. And also some strange options
(i.e. vmware-graphics). And as I told you previously, updating
to new kernel is really pain in a**. That's why I got rid of
the whole vm-stuff and I'm happy without it...

Jarry