On 9/1/05, Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
When I first log in after a boot I get a message "I have detected a
panel already running, and will now exit". I answer OK 1 time and it
stops.

I had this too after I botched a VNC install. I solved it by purging /tmp and all the config files in my home directory. There is probably a better way but it was a new install and I didn't have my files on it anyhow. So try creating a new user with a new home directory and see if that fixes things.

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"