John Lange schreef:
> but I'm clueless as to why libglx wouldn't be working.
>

> (II) LoadModule: "glx" (WW) Warning, couldn't open module glx (II)
> UnloadModule: "glx" (EE) Failed to load module "glx" (module does not
>  exist, 0)

The module not existing would seem to be a good reason that it doesn't
work :) .

I'm wondering if the drivers built correctly in the first place.

What version of the drivers, what kernel, is /usr/src/linux symlinked to
the actual kernel that you're running, and could you re-emerge the
ati-drivers package, watching *very* carefully for any messages that say
that DRI could not be built? (If such a message appears, the emerge will
complete 'normally', but the drivers won't work, as you might imagine.)

Holly