On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 12:39:21 +0300, Samuli Suominen wrote:

> >> I get this on my desktop but not my laptop, yet I have been unable to
> >> find the difference that accounts for it. In the end I gave up and
> >> made /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-launch-helper world-executable :(

> Making it world executable is same as giving root to every user on your
> system -- as it makes it possible to escalate to user 'root' or at
> least group 'messagebus'

I realise that, but I was unable to find a proper fix.

> So... Instead, the problem is often solved by simple re-emerge:
>
> # emerge -1 glib dbus dbus-glib

Often, maybe - always, definitely not. This machine has suffered from
that issue for some time and none of the suggested solutions, including
that one, or a few more desperate measures, have made any difference.

--
Neil Bothwick

Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away