I used ssd from workstation to server. I created partitions with fdisk and
then I usually push all in with dd from the old disk. For the grub you can
install it like a normal disk. If you want you can install a new system and
then copy the home directory. The only directory that you can put on a
normal disk is the portage's temp compiling dir. I saw on the WWW that
someone are still working to a new filesystem that can be better to use
with the ssd but I never test it.
Good work.....
Davide