on 2013-07-21 at 15:42 Peter Wilmott wrote:

> TBH, unless you are really stressing your RAM usage (Lots of VMs or Java
> applications, stuff like that) I'd go without swap.

it's true that most of the time 12BG is more than enough for me and i
don't use swap space on disk. i wouldn't go for a swapless system, though,
specially since i'm going to put things on tmpfs.

a few GB (i'm thinking about 8) of swap space on disk won't hurt, and i'd
feel safer. that's the idea of reducing swappiness to 1 or 0, anyway.

best,

lj