On 07/26/2013 06:39 AM, gottl...@nyu.edu wrote:
> must I check that every entry previously in /etc/init.d now has an entry
> in /usr/lib/systemd/system?  What do I do if there is no corresponding
> entry?

I actually had to write a few of my own *.service files, which belong in
/etc/systemd/system/ instead of /usr/lib64/systemd/system. (systemd looks
in both places for service files)

I started playing with systemd on a virtual gentoo machine many months
ago when gentoo's systemd was still very incomplete and lacked *.system
files for several important packages.  I'm hoping the gentoo devs have
made progress with that problem, but fedora and arch linux have already
made the switch to systemd and you can steal *.service files from those
if you need to.

BTW, I'm still using systemd only on my virtual machines so far.  The
recent upgrade on ~amd64 is an ugly mess IMHO.