* Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [05-09-03 11:47]:
> Hi,
> Can someone suggest how a non-programmer can compile a non-portage
> app to run in gdb so that I can get a trace of a segfault? I have the
> code. It compiles and segfaults on my AMD64 machine. I'd like to send
> the developers some debug data.

You should have shell's CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS environment variables
declared. Those variables are being read and parsed by gcc upon some
manual compiling of source code. They should contain gcc's "-ggdb"
argument which actually tells gcc to build a code with debugging
symbols.

--
Daniel Vrcic