On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:29:30 -0400
"Dave Nebinger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote the words:

> LDFLAGS typically come in the -llib and -Lpath variety and are used to
> ensure that additional libraries and paths are included in the link
> phase. You typically won't need to add these (which is probably why
> there is little if any reference in the gentoo doc).
>
> Obviously there are more uses for LDFLAGS, but those above are used
> the most.
>
> If you do need them you can set up your environment variables before
> doing the make process.  You can also use them on the command line ala
> "LDFLAGS=-llib make", etc.

Am I doing this correctly?  Because it's not working....

Sun Sep 04 09:42:47
/var/tmp/portage/pixie-1.4.1-r1/work/Pixie
 root $  ./configure LDFLAGS=-llib make --prefix=/usr/local
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for make-gcc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables See `config.log' for more details.

Thanks,
Adrian

--
On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos

On The Fly Photography:  http://204EastSouth.com
Purchase from On The Fly:  http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
The Cynical Libertarian Society:  http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls