On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 14:11:53 -0300, Norberto Bensa wrote:

> > Read the recent thread on slow usb storage transfers,
>
> Thanks Neil, I've missed it. I'll read it (I use async anyways... )

I preferred sync, because it meant the files were written immediately, so
there was far less chance of corruption if the drive was pulled without
unmounting it. Now I use pmount, called through HAL by KDE and can't seem
to find a way to get it to mount sync. I've tried creating the config
files to override the default behaviour, and even editing the default
file, but it still mounts sync :(

--
Neil Bothwick

Life Support System Failure - Reboot Patient (Y/n)?