On 22.08.2013 21:37, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
The version of the nvidia driver and nvidia settings I emerged is:
box0=; equery list '*'|grep nvidia-driver
x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-319.32

I then emerged xfce4 as well as the xfce4-sensors-plugin (box0=; equery
list '*'|grep xfce4-sensors-plugin
xfce-extra/xfce4-sensors-plugin-1.2.5), which pulled in nvidia-settings
of an older version:
box0=; equery list '*'|grep nvidia-settings
media-video/nvidia-settings-304.60

I guess it's rather obvious.
The two packages x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers and media-video/nvidia-settings don't know about each other. The xfce4-sensors-plugin package needs nv-settings but it simply doesn't know that nv-settings is already installed by the (different!) nv-drivers.
I think this could be reported to the maintainer of the xfce4 plugin.

--
Best wishes,
Yuri K. Shatroff