On 22 August 2013, at 17:08, hasufell wrote:
> … I was arguing from both sides. It is buggy, crashes a lot, consumes a
> lot of ressources and is able to slow down your whole desktop, mess with
> audio settings and whatnot.

My granny never had these problems, using Skype on her PC.

She uses it to chat to her cousin in Australia.

Whatever your complaints about a messaging application, you offer no solution
if you don't offer a way to communicate with users who are only capable of
running a setup.exe, who have this tremendously popular and well-known
application already installed.

This "network effect" is not a new phenomenon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect

Stroller.