On 06-Sep-13 17:13, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
On 09/06/2013 11:01 AM, Jarry wrote:

after the last update I noticed that "emerge --depclean" removed
virtual/mta, mail-mta/ssmtp und net-mail/mailbase.

Does it mean mailer is no more part of system? I hope devs know
what they are doing. I always thought every *nix system must have
mailer. But now, there is not even /var/spool/mail on my Gentoo.
That's strange...

It wasn't part of @system before, you just removed the thing that pulled
it in.

No I did not. mail-mta/ssmtp was part of stage3. And I did not
remove now any "thing" that pulled it in. All I did was
"emerge --ask --update --deep --newuse world".

As a result, python-exec, python-argparse and libxml2 were
reinstalled and automake-wrapper, gtk-doc-am, eselect and
linux-header updated. Nothing else.

After that I did "emerge --depclean" and the above mentioned
packages were suddenly removed...

Jarry