2013/9/11 Yuri K. Shatroff <yks-...@yandex.ru>:
> Well, actually it *is* possible using "hybrid" MBR+GPT partitioning.
>
> http://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/hybrid.html
>
> Also google for 'hybrid mbr'.
>
> I am using this setup for multibooting several OS incl. Win 7 without
> problems for a couple of years.

I almost forgot about hybrid MBRs... also it's fragile indeed, so I
probably won't recommend it even if I thought about it in the first
place.

>> In this case, you must either revert to an msdos partition table (can
>> be done w/o data loss IIRC), or trick Windows into believing it's
>> running on EFI, i.e. set up UEFI DUET. Google that and you'll find an
>> excellent HOWTO on this. Happy hacking~
>

> An interesting idea, yet, probably, a little more complicated than hybrid
> MBR for the sole purpose of multibooting.

I've tried that on a VirtualBox VM last year, and I'd like to point
out that describing the process as "a little more" complicated is
serious underestimation. :D