Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I think the CDDL license is what's keeping ZFS out of the kernel,
>>> although some argue that it should be integrated anyway.  OpenZFS
>>> retains the same license.
>>>
>>> - Grant
>>>
>>> .
>>>
>> Then I wonder why it seems to have forked?  <scratches head >
> Why do you believe it has forked?
> This project does not even has a source code repository and the fact that
> they refer to illumos for sources makes me wonder whether it is open for
> contributing.
>
> Jörg

Well, it seemed to me that it either changed its name or forked or
something.  I was hoping that whatever the reason for this, it would
eventually be in the kernel like ext* and others.  It seems that is not
the case.  That's why I was asking questions.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!