On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 10:01:18AM -0400, Dave Nebinger wrote:
> Hey, Romildo:
>
> > I am looking for a posftix configuration for
> > my computer, which receives a dynamic IP through
> > adsl.
>
> This is exactly the setup that I'm using.  I'd suggest getting an account
> through dyndns.org.  You can update it using ez-ipudate when your local ip
> address changes and, from external locations, will be able to verify name
> lookups.  It also means that folks will be able to send you mail at
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] or whatever your domain name would happen to be.

Currently I am using a similar setup. My computer gets
a valid hostname from no-ip (malaquias.no-ip.org).

But I change the "From:" header line on the messages I
send (setting smtp_generic_maps in postfix config)
so that I get replies through my ISP.

My main problem is that ...

> > Currently I am using postfix for sending mail from
> > this computer, but most of the time the IP I
> > receive from my ISP is blacklisted and is rejected
> > on some destinations. So I want to use my ISP
> > mail server for sending mail (with athentication).

This blacklisted IP I receive from my ISP is
a problem I do not know how to solve.

> There's a couple of steps that you'll need to take to get mail from your
> system piped through your ISP:
>
> 1. /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd: Edit this file to include a line like:
>       mail.myisp.net username:password

Is it possible to use different authentications
for diferent users on my computers? There are
5 users, and each user has his own email account
in the ISP.

[...]
> VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure that you're not running an open mail relay
> (lots of info via google about how to ensure postfix is not an open mail
> relay).  Once this setup is complete, if you were open, spammers could route
> mail through your server which relays through your ISP.  From your ISP's
> perspective you're sending the spam yourself and they could throw you
> offline.

Is the following lines in main.cf enough to prevent that?

        mynetworks_style = host
        relay_domains =

Romildo