Hi,

I just migrated to grub2 which works fine thanks to the good
Gentoo docs! :)

But...

I need to increase the resolution of the boot screen to
see what is going on there.
The docs say, that with the command "vbeinfo" from the grub
console I can see the valid modes of my grpahics card.
Now...the current resolution of the grub console compbined
with the unfortunate sorting of the output of vbeinfo I am
currently only able to read the last entries of this realy
long list.
Therefore...I need the whole output of vbeinfo to set the
console resulotion that way, so I will be able to read the
output of vbeinfo....

deadlock?

Nice things like 'less' or such are not available....

What can I do?

Best regards,
mcc