2013/10/26 João Matos <jaon...@gmail.com>:
> Hi list,
>
> I`ve just installed a brand new gentoo amd64 and there is this problem: my
> "Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168 PCI
> Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 06)" is recognized as sit0 , but I
> can't get any IP Adress.

sit0 is completely unrelated, it is an IPv6 tunnel device. You need to
compile the r8169 driver.
Make sure CONFIG_R8169=m or y in your kernel config and try again
(modprobe r8169).
I have a Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express
Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06), pci id 10ec:8168
on my motherboard and it works fine with the R8169 driver on kernel
3.10.9 (and has been working since at least the 3.4 series, which was
when I installed this system)