On 2013-11-16 9:05 AM, Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:
Hi all...

I'm a little confused by something...

If I change the MAILURI in make.conf from the default, ie:

#PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="root /usr/sbin/sendmail"
PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="recipi...@example.com
sender:pas...@smtp.example.com:100587"

I'm guessing portage still uses /usr/sbin/sendmail, but using the above
defined credentials?

Well... now I'm more confused...

I just tested this by re-emerging something tiny and watching the logs... and there was *nothing* in the logs evidencing an email being sent (if it was using my postfix install, it would have been in the logs)...

But, the email was still successfully sent/received by my other server.

Wtf??? Does portage have it's own TLS capable MAIL binary/client?