On 11/12/2013 04:02, Bruce Hill wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:33:31PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
>>>
>>> mingdao@workstation ~ $ grep ruby /etc/portage/make.conf
>>> RUBY_TARGETS="ruby20"
>>>
>>> Can't imagine you didn't know that. Ruby hater?  :D
>>>

>> You could say that:
>>
>> $ grep -ir -C1 ruby /etc/portage
>> /etc/portage/package.use/package.use- # I see no need for lvm thin
>> volumes. And it needs thin-provisioning-tools
>> /etc/portage/package.use/package.use: # which needs ruby. I do not want
>> ruby.
>> /etc/portage/package.use/package.use- sys-fs/lvm2 -thin
>>

>> But the real reason I don't have ruby is I don't have a use for it
>
> I detest python, also, but there's no way w/out it.

I like python - the language was designed by a mathematician and it
shows. Contrast with perl which was designed by a linguist, and that
shows too.

As you say you can't run Gentoo with portage without Python, that's one
of the things you know for sure up front.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com