On 9/6/2005 10:00 PM Willie Wong wrote:

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 09:03:09PM -0700, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
No rubbish.  Not working.

Thanks for your help.

That means it is not an X problem, but a problem at the kernel
(unlikely) or your hardware.
You said it is part of a wireless combo? Try changing the battery. I
also have a wireless mouse/keyboard combo from Logitech (actually
Logitech rebranded as Acer), the keyboard runs on a single AAA for
over two years now and is still going, but I've had to change the
batteries for my mouse every three months. I think it has to do with
the fact that it is an optical mouse and the little red LED just keeps
going.... On my mouse, when the battery dies, the LED will still be
working for a bit, but the batteries won't provide enough voltage to
drive other electronics, and so while it seems like the mouse should
work, it actually doesn't.
This could be the problem as the mouse batteries have been in for at least 2 months. Like you, I assumed the mouse should work as it did the first time I rebooted because the red light is still on. I'll try it tonight when I get home.

Thanks,

Drew

--
Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse