On 15/12/13 11:51, Mick wrote:
Not sure why, but for some reason running emerge @preserved-rebuild does not
seem to fix some preserved libs links:

!!! existing preserved libs:
package: x11-libs/pango-1.34.1
  *  - /usr/lib/libpangox-1.0.so.0
  *  - /usr/lib/libpangox-1.0.so.0.3000.1

This is all caused by some hack I have in my local portage for app-
antivirus/avast4workstation-1.3.0-r2.  No matter how many times I run
@preserved-rebuild the libs in question keep coming up:

Yes, that's to be expected. Avast is a binary, it's not built from sources, so there's no link step involved that would link against the new pango libs.

I'm not sure if it'll work, by try emerging x11-libs/pangox-compat. If that doesn't help, then your only option is to downgrade your pango version to the version that doesn't exhibit the problem and mask all newer versions.