In <52b97530.8070...@gmail.com> alan.mckin...@gmail.com (Alan McKinnon) writes:

>On 24/12/2013 12:59, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have several machines of the same architecture so I build using distcc
>> and --buildpkg and then try to emerge -uk on the other boxes. However
>> there are differences in useflags so I understand, that in some cases
>> on the 2nd or 3rd box the package has to be rebuilt. What I still don't get
>> is: How can I recognize _why_ a package is not merged from the binary.
>> emerge -uDkvp --binpkg-respect-use y shows the use flags in colors but
>> I don't know how to read this.

>If portage will use the binpkg, the line is printed in a pink/purple color.

>If it can't use the binpkg, it uses the normal colours (green here).

>I always get a report if USE differs, what is your setting of
>--binpkg-respect-use? The usual report looks like this:
The setting is 'y'.

If I read what is put there it would have been easier.... 'will silence this
warning' no wonder I do not see anything...

Thanks.

Konstantin
--
Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elw...@agouros.de
Altersheimerstr. 1, 81545 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185