On 26/12/2013 21:13, Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> How many memory is reasonable for virtuoso to use?
> I just had a view via htop, and I was surprised to see virtuoso-t processes
> occupying more than 1.5 GB (!), althoug there is a maximum of 128MB defined.
>
> Memory leak?
>
> Versions involved:
> dev-db/virtuoso-server-6.1.6
> kde-base/kde-meta-4.10.5

What column in htop shows that number?

top, htop, and all their friends do not display what most people assume
they display. Modern OSes (for more than a decade now) manage memory in
a way that makes it impossible to answer "how much memory is this app
using?"

If you are looking at the VIRT column, just ignore it, that column is
practically useless for most rational viewings of {h,}top

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com