On 12/27/13 00:17, Mick wrote:
On Thursday 26 Dec 2013 23:52:17 Joseph wrote:
I need to enable one option in the kernel-3.5.7-gentoo "CONFIG_FHANDLE"
"systemd" need it. I know it is in "General setup" section. Looking
location with "/"

Symbol: FHANDLE [=n]
   Type  : boolean
   Prompt: open by fhandle syscalls
   Defined at init/Kconfig:295
     Location:
       -> General setup
     Selects: EXPORTFS [=n]

But I can not seem to location it, which option is it.  I'm using "make
menuconfig"

Is there a better tool to configure/search for these options; this "make
menconfig" is not user friendly.

The current stable gentoo kernel is 3.10.17, so what is it that you are
seeking with this old 3.5.7 version?

Run emerge --sync to get the latest sources and then look under general to
find it.  It is under 'General setup' alright:

General setup  --->
        [*] System V IPC
        [*] POSIX Message Queues
        [*] open by fhandle syscalls  <--This one!

HTH.
--
Regards,
Mick

Thank you! Yes, I found it.
Though, it would be nice if I look for an option to enable, from search menu
"/" if it finds it I should be able to select it :-/

--
Joseph