On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 08:32:00 -0800
Pavel Kazakov <nullishz...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 01/01/2014 08:02 AM, Gevisz wrote:
> >
> > The subtitleeditor failed to emerge with the message provided below.
> > The required additional information is attached as text files.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Based on 'checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser
> perl module is required for intltool,' it looks as if you may need to
> rebuild the perl modules (maybe a recent perl update?).
>
> Try using perl-cleaner [1]:
>     perl-cleaner --allmodules -v
>
> And then try to emerge subtitleeditor. If that doesn't work, try
> revdep-rebuild. Hopefully that'll fix your issue :)
>
> Regards, Pavel

It indeed worked. Thank you.

Details:

First, I recalled that I forgot to run revdep-rebuild after the
today's world update. So, I ran "revdep-rebuild" first. It found
something broken and recompiled cairo. After that, I tried to emerge
subtitleeditor once more but the operation failed with the similar
error.

Then, I ran "perl-cleaner --allmodules -v" and, as a result,
83 perl-related packages (including git) were recompiled and
that allowed subtitleeditor emerge cleanly.