Bugger, after reading Sacha's last post and trying tbz2tool -split
package.tbz2 I realise that the meta info is there, quite a lot of it!

You certainly don't get to see it parsing the file with mc

I was wrong, my apologies.

A tool to better parse that metainfo out of binary packages would be
good.

--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>