Hi.  I am having a problem booting using systemd and an initrd generated
by genkernel.

I get the message that says (may be slight paraphrase) that
/dev/mapper/linux--files-64--root does not appear to be a valid /, try
again.

Now in the gentoo guide to systemd, I did what I think it wanted me to
do and wrote in my lilo append line real_init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd
.  Now looking at the linuxsrc in the initrd, /usr is not even mounted
when it is looking for its init -- after all that fuss about /usr -- and
it only seems to look in /sbin for its init and dies.

How can I solve this problem -- I suppose I could copy systemd over, but
that seems nasty to me and I would have to remember to update it every
time systemd was updated!

Any assistance on this would be appreciated.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         cov...@ccs.covici.com