Hello,

I'm planning to run GlassFish on my server. I'm pondering whether I
should just go away with the default icedtea-bin package or use
oracle-jdk-bin.

I'll be renting out services to customers, so compatibility is
definitely a concern. I'm not exactly sure what the differences are
between Oracle JDK & OpenJDK; the differences I found so far on Google
are old and make sense only for Java 6.

Java EE will work perfectly with icedtea-bin?

Automatic update is also an issue. Emerge will do it for me in case of
icedtea-bin but not in case of Oracle JDK .. or is there some other
option? (Non-portage solution is okay, something is better than nothing.)