Hi,

it seems the powerfail this moring while I was updateing my Linux box
has killed / screwed up something.

The effect:
Slim login manager starts and presents the login screen.
It is possible to login but openbox seems not to start -
I get the typical cross-cursor in the middle of the screen
(but the grey background is replaced by plain black)
The last entry in the slim.log is:

slim: waiting for X server to begin accepting connections.
slim: open_session: Unable to open session: Unable to get information
about the calling process

I resumed the interrupted update process, I did:
"emerge xf86-input-evdev xf86-input-keyboard xf86-input-mouse
nvidia-drivers"
I recompiled the X-server.
Nothing helps.

What can I try else to get X working again?

Thank you very much for any (quick;) help in advance!
Best regards,
mcc