Am 03.05.2014 13:05, schrieb J. Roeleveld:

> dracut = initramfs
> Did you update the initramfs recently? If out-of-sync with what is on the
> "main" environment, it could lead to issues.
>
>> I worked with exactly this box around 10hrs ago and it booted fine then.
>> I will check genlop what I upgraded at night ...
>
> And rethink everything you did in the last 10 hours. Something caused an
> issue.
> Also, check that the disks are fine and you don't have a degraded raid-
> environment. The initramfs might try to have it rebuild. Which means the
> whole
> system can be slow.
>
>> Got to eat now and take a rest ... I "love" to fix issues on a saturday
>
> Enjoy your lunch, I just had mine.

next steps:

booted into emergency mode directly.

LVs on the SSD (non-raid-based) show up fine.

No mdadm-RAIDs started yet ... when I run "systemctl start mdadm" to
pull up the arrays ... it hangs ... even looks exactly the same as in
the normal boot, 2 lines from systemd-fsck ... then blinking cursor.

Maybe -> dracut ... tell it to assemble the arrays via kernel-option ...
or maybe rebuild the initramfs (not so likely as it should boot with
older kernels/initramfs then).

Yes, lunch ..  thanks ;)