On 08/05/2014 21:13, James wrote:
> So, what a torrent_style tool that uses a distributed  hashes/keys to check
> code integrity; is possible?

In one word: git

> Surely the code histogram idea is possible?

Again, git.

An aspect of the git design spec is to try deal with the kind of things
you are pondering here. It seems a valid approach - if many people out
there clone and make copies of the code then work on it, and if a bad
hat injects some weirdness, there are enough eyes to hopefully catch it.

Now that I think of it, it's an elegant solution:

Avoid the problems of a single master store but not having one.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com