On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 16:49 +0200, Holly Bostick wrote:
> Is it worth going unstable with rsync for this? meaning, will using an
> unstable rsync cause me any "real" problems, even as it (hopefully)
> solves this (relatively minor) annoyance?

I have not seen any stability issues with 2.6.4 or higher both with
Gentoo and a completely unrelated project at work that uses rsync. The
project at work did have significant issues with the timeout until we
upgraded rsync to 2.6.4.

> Thanks for the links; I'll look at the bugs later.

Quick summary, when the load on the server side is high, rsync will
erroneously timeout.

Regards,
Paul