On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 05:48:56 -0400
Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all. I had installed Gnome 3.10 a few days ago, and now things have
> been migrating towards 3.12 Has Gnome 3.12 just launched for the x86
> platforms, or is there something amiss with Portage that I should
> check? I get this weird update process: it gives me a version, such as
> 4.0, but the next day bumps me up to 4.1, which is weird, since logic
> would say that 4.1 is the newest, you'd want it over 4.0. Or is it the
> SLOTS technology? I've not quite gotten that concept yet.

/usr/portage/profiles/ChangeLog:

  01 Jun 2014; Pacho Ramos <pa...@gentoo.org> package.mask:
  Unmask Gnome 3.12

Yes, it did; now available in testing arches (eg. ~x86), given it has
just been added it'll take a while before this is stable (eg. x86).

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D