On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 14:38:34 +0300
Samuli Suominen <ssuomi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 03/06/14 14:30, J. Roeleveld wrote:
> > Sounds like Samuli is being a pr*ck by forcing systemd on everyone
> > now. A proper solution would have been to have the upower ebuild
> > select systemd as a dependency ONLY when the systemd useflag is set.
> > And depend on upower-pm-utils when it is not set. -- Joost
>
> First of all, you should check your tone and secondly, you are clearly
> not understanding the situation as you are oversimplifying a complex
> situation.
> For example, Xfce works on non-systemd systems with any of these
> UPower versions, so forcing upower-pm-utils with USE="-systemd" would
> simply be bogus.

It is simply not true. I use xfce and still I could not update my world
just because some systemd-dependent guys think that they can force
everybody else to use it.

> If you are looking for a system that decides everything for you, and
> doesn't give you options what to install, you are propably better off
> using some binary distribution with smaller set of possibilities.

I look for the system that can clearly update itself, not trying to sell
me something that I do not need after I have clearly decided for the
default package before.