On Tuesday 03 Jun 2014 15:16:56 Stroller wrote:
> On Tue, 3 June 2014, at 6:59 am, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> …
> >> I have:
> >>
> >> …
> >> status-left "#[fg=blue]#T"
> >> …
> >> status-right "#[fg=blue][#S]"
> >> …
> >
> > Thanks Stroller,
> >
> > On the left status bar I see this:
> >
> > [0] 0:bash*
> >
> > with one window open.  As I create more windows it adds to it like so:
> >
> > [0] 0:bash  1:bash- 2:bash*
> >

> > The right hand side shows the prompt, or command being run, but not all
> > of it if it is too long.
> >
> > …
> > status-left "[#S]"
> > …
> > status-right ""#22T" %H:%M %d-%b-%y"
>
> It looks to me like I've merely swapped left and right panes because,
> presumably, I thought it looked better that way.
>
> And I've removed the clock - that's one way you could reclaim some screen
> space.

Right, on my default setup the clock is on the right, the number of windows on
the left and the title in the middle.

As is the title shows:

"root@compaq:/usr/src/l"

instead of "root@compaq:/usr/src/linux".  This is what I mean of it being cut
short.

[snip ...]
> As I say, I don't seem to be firing on all cylinders right now, but it
> doesn't look to me like the "commands being run" are shown where you say
> they are, not on the far right, at least.
>
> I think they're shown in the *middle* section of the status bar.

Yes, they are shown in the middle, but on a 82x25 pixel terminal the title is
displayed about 2/3 towards the right of the status bar, right against the
clock.  See attached screenshot.

Running tmux set -g status-right "#32T" removed the clock and increased the
real estate for the title bar.

Thanks again Stroller.

--
Regards,