On 21/06/2014 11:19, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for some applications I want to activate some USE flags, which are
> disabled by default.
>
> Some of those USE flags are set in () brackets. From searching the
> internet I learned, that this may be due to unresolveable dependencies
> or settings in the make.profile or....
>
> Is there a way to exactly pin point the reason why a certain USE flags
> gets "(diabled)" and whether it is possible to resolve the problem?
>
> How can I figure out that?

>From the emerge man page:

 ()       circumfix   forced, masked, or removed

So the answer is usually one of

- flag not in ebuild anymore. Look in the ebuild
- masked in profile. For these I usually search the profile directory
recursively for the flag and figure it out that way

What is it that you are trying to find out? A disabled flag is disabled
and can't work, what further detail do you need?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com