On 23 June 2014 03:32, Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22/06/14 19:53, Mick wrote:

>>   http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/PulseAudio
>>
>> it seems awfully complicated to me, for something which for my purposes
>> would
>> be just a new 'alsamixer'. :p
>

> If *that* looks complicated to you, then I do have to ask: why on earth are
> you using Gentoo? That guide is extremely easy to follow by any average
> Gentooer.

OK,  I admit I exaggerated a bit to state a point.  From the
perspective of having to install and use something that I hitherto
never needed, it involves more configuration than I would like to
bother myself with.  A moot point I know, since additional
functionality brings with it additional configuration options.
Anyway, I have now installed PA and am using it, so it can't have been
all that complicated.  ;p
--
Regards,
Mick