I think I had first misinterpreted the news msg, but want to be sure I
do understand it correctly now.

The message ends with

  All non-systemd users are recommended to choose between:
  # emerge --oneshot --noreplace 'sys-power/upower-pm-utils'
  or
  # emerge --oneshot --noreplace '>=sys-power/upower-0.99.0'
  However, all systemd users are recommended to stay with sys-power/upower.

I first read "stay with sys-power/upower" to mean systemd users should
NOT do any of the two options for non-systemd users and let portage "do
its thing".  However, portage want to replace upower with
upower-pm-utils, which I am pretty sure is not intended for systemd
users.

Is the proper reading of the news message, that the systemd users should
use the second option available for non-systemd users?  Specifically am
I to execute

    # emerge --oneshot --noreplace '>=sys-power/upower-0.99.0'

?

thanks in advance,
allan