Hi,

normally the mouse wheel is used for action like scrolling and
zooming...

>From time to time it happens that -- right after using firefox --
this assignment does not work anymore and using wheel moves the
application, which currently has the focus, is moved from desktop
to desktop or moves the focus itsself from desktop to desktop.

I restarted openbox in such cases, which does not help.
I restarted devilspie2 in such cases, which also does not help.

The only thing which currently helps: Rebooting.
This is not adaquate for UNIX OSses... ;)

What can be done instead? What is the reason for this problem?

Best regards,
mcc