> On 07/13/2014 04:03 PM, Joseph wrote:
>> I'm trying to clean up my home directory by locating large disk files. I
>> used:
>> find / -type f -size +20000k -exec ls -lh {} \; | awk '{ print $8 ": " $5 }'
>>
>> but I'm getting strange output:
>
> Just use "du -h" instead of "ls -lh" and awk:
>
>   find / -type f -size +20000k -exec du -h {} \;

I usually use du and find, or the like, for this porpouse, but
recently stumbled upon the sys-apps/baobab (also known as gnome disk
usage tool) tool which does a nice job at locating those large files,
and giving you a nice graph of usage of diretories, pretty useful in
my opinion, and I don't think you need to install the entire gnome to
use it. give it a look for me it changed the way I do this particular
task.