On 16 July 2014 20:26:19 CEST, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
>> Am 16.07.2014 09:07, schrieb Dale:
>>> I have noticed something else odd as well.  I use folder layout,
>like
>>> KDE3 had, for my KDE desktop setup.  When I login to KDE, I have to
>>> switch to some other layout then switch back to folder to get my
>icons
>>> to show up.  Once in a blue moon, it works as it should but most of
>the
>>> time, I have to go through this to get it to look like I have it set
>>> look.
>>>
>>> It's a different issue but could have a common cause.  It seems some
>>> setting/config doesn't get stored properly.  Then when we login, we
>have
>>> to undo/redo to get it to work.
>>>
>>> I have been putting up with my issue for about a year or so.  I
>haven't
>>> done any research as to bug reports etc because I'm not real sure
>what
>>> to look for.
>>>
>>> Could be totally different, could be related.  Just thought it worth
>>> adding to the pot.  ;-)
>>>
>>> Dale
>>>
>>> :-)  :-)
>>>

>> easiest way to test: new user. Copy over config files until problem
>occurs.
>>

>I've done that before and it takes way to much time for me.  What I may
>end up doing is just doing a rm on the kde directory.  Thing is, even
>that may not fix the issue.
>
>Dale
>
>:-)  :-)

Don't forget the random stuff in ~/.local and maybe also other directories.
I tend to keep important files outside my home directory and treat that as just
a storage place of config files and browser cache.

I have a symlink in my home directory pointing to where the important files are
kept to make it quick to find.

--
Joost