On 22/07/14 19:03, Dale wrote:
> J. Roeleveld wrote:
>> On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 05:05:43 PM Bill Kenworthy wrote:
>>> I have a couple of systems with flash that are always a pain to update
>>> because the checksums fail so you have to manually force a manifest
>>> rebuild first.  As I have to update them anyway, is there a ways to
>>> override the portage checksums and say install anyway?  Because this
>>> package always fails anyway, I cant see any security gain by having a
>>> manual update every-time anyway.
>> I would be more interested in finding out why it fails?
>> I use adobe flash myself and never experience a checksum issue with it.
>>
>> --
>> Joost
>>
>> .
>>

> Same here.  I have it installed here and don't recall ever having a
> digest issue.  It could be that something is off somewhere.  If so, I'd
> rethink bypassing the checks.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

Hmm, that's interesting.

Caused me to look closer ... I am pulling from http-replicator which
doesnt update the package if it cant see a name change (and adobe don't
change the name on the package - just the directory its pulled from) so
of course it fails checksum.

Thanks for the hints to track this down.

BillK