On 23/08/2014 14:42, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 8/23/2014 8:16 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 23/08/2014 12:34, Tanstaafl wrote:
>>> Is it possible to do this?
>
>> Not directly. I'm assuming you mean packages you built yourself and
>> quick-pkg'ed them, not something available as a -bin
>
> Correct... I have buildpkg feature enabled in make.conf, so everything
> gets quickpkg'd...
>
>> You can use emerge -K, so emerge will fail if there's no binpkg
>> available. This will do what you want as long as you
>>
>> a) always use the -K option
>> b) don't try emerge something else as well
>>
>> Portage is designed to build your packages from source; binpkgs are very
>> much a third class citizen with only very primitive levels of support.
>
> Bummer...
>
> What I want is to be able to pin a specific package to the quickpkg'd
> version, so it doesn't get updated during an emerge world...

Short version: You can't
Longer version: You can if you package mask every version of everything
greater than what you quickpkg'ed. This is tedious beyond belief

Alan's crafty hack version:
If you can guarantee that every package to be installed has a suitable
(and correct wrt USE) quickpkg, then use emerge -K always on the
machines to install the quickpkg

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com