> Jc García <jyo.garcia <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Just dropping and idea for your ebuild, you might have this planned
>> but anyway, I would put something like 'virtual/jdk:1.6' in RDEPEND,
>> so if things work as they should(but that's not realistic), any of the
>> java implementations in the tree would provide jdk6 for your ebuild.
>
> I installed icedtea-bin for now.
>
> From the ebuild (which is a hack) I have :
>
> DEPEND="net-misc/curl
>         dev-libs/cyrus-sasl
>         python? ( dev-lang/python dev-python/boto )
>         java? ( virtual/jdk )"

I have seen many ebuilds, with RDEPEND="cat/pkg...." and
DEPEND="${RDEPEND}", I would use that. because jdk is both a runtime,
and a build time dependency  in this case.

> It seems would not compile until I installed the maven-bin
> package......Which is not a requisite in the ebuild
> but I saw that maben was a required code for building mesos on another
> distro....

Put maven-bin in DEPEND then, with any other build time dependency,
also there's a java-mvn-src eclass in the tree, and two other maven
related eclasses in the java overlay. check those out if you haven't
already . I have never used maven, only ant and I'm still learning
about ebuilds, so I can't say anything else.