Daniel Frey <djqfrey <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I can't seem to get video acceleration working on my Gigabyte Brix
> > Could anyone throw me some suggestions?

> Apparently Intel made a lot of enhancements to the intel in-kernel
> driver with the 3.14 series.

If/When all else fails, I find the exact version of the chip(s) in
the video hardware. I then go read the comments on the various related video
device drivers in the kernel codes, as the best place to see exactly what is
going on with a given chipset. The past few years have seen many of the
video codes merged into larger collections in a single, unified driver, so
you may have to go back to kernels that correspond to when the linux driver
code first (or soon after) appeared for that chipset......

It's a massive pain the in the wazoo, but, you'd be surprised at what details
often appear in the (legacy) kernel dirver code comments......

good hunting!
James