On 09/17/14 05:22, Jouni Kosonen wrote:
Joseph wrote:

I'm trying to backup crontab from various boxes to files, so I'm using
(run once a month) 11 01 * * 5 crontab -l >
/home/joseph/business/backup/crontabs/syscon7_joseph_crontab

but I can from bash: cannot overwrite existing file

From "man bash":

  Redirecting Output
      If the redirection operator is >, and the noclobber option  to  the
      set builtin has been enabled, the redirection will fail if the file
      whose name results from the expansion of word exists and is a regu‐
      lar  file.   If  the redirection operator is >|, or the redirection
      operator is > and the noclobber option to the set  builtin  command
      is not enabled, the redirection is attempted even if the file named
      by word exists.

Yes, that worked. Thanks

--
Joseph