It is, but.

You'll have to get used to running and searching via journalctl instead of
processing the logs directly.
Journal is not persistent across reboots by default, but you can
reconfigure it to be. (just create /var/log/journal)
Last I recall you won't get fine-grained per-daemon space controls on the
logs, just a system-wide size and retention time for all journal entries.

Usually that's enough, but if all else fails you can fallback to another
logger.

--
This email is:    [ ] actionable   [ ] fyi        [ ] social
Response needed:  [ ] yes          [ ] up to you  [ ] no