Hi all,

I did an "emerge -vuD world" last week and, among other thing,  it updated GCC
from 3.3.5 to 3.3.6 (which seemed to be a good thing..)
Today after an "emerge --sync" I wanted to re-update my system ... and I'm
wondering why portage 'wants' to downgrade my version of GCC from 3.3.6
to 3.3.5... but also wondering why it suddenly wants to install giflib (which
is blocked because of libungif...)
The only thing I can do now to update the system is to add "-gif" in my
make.conf file.

Is there any other way to solve the giflib/libungif conflict ?

What makes portage want to install giflib ?

Can someone tell me what I missed ?

In advance thank you.

Yann Garnier